Ringworm isn't actually a worm at all–it’s a skin disease that occurs due to 1 of four distinct accepted species of fungi. The four species of fungi that may cause the disorder referred to as “ringworm” in dogs may also infect humans. It’s strongly suggested that you consult your vet during this period regardless of whether or not you choose to use some of the below listed home remedies for ringworm in dogs.
Ringworm Symptoms in Your Dog
Ringworm most commonly infects young or immunosuppressed dogs, and it has a number of classic symptoms including:
Small round lesions
Itchy or irritated skin
Lesions most commonly appear in the dog’s head, but aren't restricted to that region of their body.
Ringworm might be confused with bacterial disease, demodectic mange, and autoimmune diseases.
Medicinal and therapeutic intervention may be required by more severe cases of ringworm. There are always a lot of treatment options available in case your pet has ringworm, including:
1) Antifungal ShampooBathing your dog with an anti-fungal pet shampoo every other day is a powerful treatment option.
2) Apple Cider VinegarApple cider vinegar functions as an extremely powerful natural remedy to heal infections. Make a solution with water and apple cider vinegar and rinse your pet after bathing it.
3) Tea Tree OilTea tree oil can even be utilized as yet another treatment for ringworms in dogs. Dab some of the oil in the affected places on the dog’s body two times a day for a week.
4) PapayaYou should use papaya for dogs because it works against ringworms in both humans and dogs in the same way. A piece of raw papaya ought to be rubbed on the ringworms a handful of times regularly each day.
5) BleachBleach is also utilized for treating ringworms in dogs. With a cotton ball, apply it on the patches and detect whether it itches or burns up his skin. Don't repeat or carry on with this should the above occurs. If your dog licks the bleach you should also not utilize this particular option.
6) GarlicGarlic is quite successful in helping against ringworms. Rub half a clove of it on the ringworms twice every-day for a week.
7) Lime DipYou can even make use of a lime dip to help against ringworm. Two times per week you’ll initially want to make use of it. Following the very first couple of weeks, you can dip your dog just once a week for the following 4-6 weeks.